POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SIGGRAPH Boston 2006 Birds of a Feather conference. : Re: SIGGRAPH Boston 2006 Birds of a Feather conference. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:08:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SIGGRAPH Boston 2006 Birds of a Feather conference.
From: gregjohn
Date: 28 Mar 2006 14:35:01
Message: <web.44298edf862f398640d56c170@news.povray.org>
Congratulations on your submission!

Are you the one with whom I discussed flocking algorithms once about six
years ago? I'll look you up by off-line email once I know which days I'd be
at conference instead of vacationing with wife in town.  Seriously, though,
what's the difference between full conference and conference select, for the
avid hobbyist?  I know you get more, but is the "more" at all wortwhile?  Is
your presentation an Exhibit?

I am awaiting word from SIGGRAPH staff on whether povray would qualify for a
BOF event. It is quite clear they don't want Maya to ask for free table
space here, based on how they worded the requirements.

Christoph,
I guess it would be good if your evangelistic tract for povray were one
page, or one double-sided page as a brochure.  I will of course work on my
own tract in the form of a T-shirt I'd wear featuring, of course M.I.M.E.
Man.

And that raises an interesting question, as to what are the best things
about povray to entice folks to use it-- is it the things you can construct
entirely inside it, or its super-powerful rendering ability of scenes
constructed elsewhere....